Topics Discussed In Our Remote Sales Training & Coaching Programs Include
A few quick facts about remote online learning:
Online remote learning typically requires 40% to 60% less employee time than learning the same material in a traditional classroom setting
After implementing an online remote learning program in their company, IBM found that participants learned nearly five times more material without increasing the time spent in training.
According to Molly Fletcher Company, organizations can achieve an 18% boost in employee engagement by implementing a virtual learning curriculum and environment.
Remote learning is good for the environment. Britain’s Open University’s study found that producing and providing eLearning courses consumes an average of 90% less energy and produces 85% fewer CO2 emissions per student than conventional face-to-face courses
Prepare Your Sales Force for the World of Remote Sales Training & Coaching
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, most high-performing salespeople were doing a lot of their best work online. While there were still a few holdouts who did things the “old fashioned” way, a pre-COVID study showed 90% of top-ranked sales reps believed social networking platforms were a key reason for their success and a vital ingredient when it came to closing deals.
While the weight of this number might surprise some, it actually stands to reason because other studies have shown the is virtually no generation gap when it comes to purchasing products or services remotely or through mobile apps.
According to the aforementioned survey, 72% of leading salespeople were active on LinkedIn, 67% used Facebook and 45% listed Twitter as an important part of their overall selling strategy.
Given that so much work is now being done remotely, it makes sense to consider engaging a remote sales coach to provide remote sales training to your sales team.
Why remote sales training programs?
The answer to “Why should I provide remote sales coaching to my employees?” comes in two parts:
- Because they may as well get used to doing things remotely if they hope to be successful in the post-COVID work environment
- Because working remotely and selling online requires a different set of skills to working in an office or a shop using traditional methods
Sales coaching statistics that sales leaders should know
- A survey of 2,500 sales organizations found that those with “comprehensive online sales coaching programs” have 218% higher revenue per sales representative and 24% higher profit margins.
- Online Sales Training increases retention rates by 25% to 60%.
- Online Sales Coaching can increase the income of sales reps by up to 42%
Still not convinced?
Here are some more interesting pre-COVID numbers that illustrate how traditional business models were in decline even before the pandemic came along and obliterated them:
- More than 70% of Boomers used mobile apps to research products and companies
- Over 80% of Gen X customer and prospects used mobile apps for the same purpose
- For the younger generation (Millennials and Gen Z) the number was well over 90%
Additionally, every generation was already displaying a preference for buying purchasing products and services without the involvement of a traditional salesperson. A few more interesting pre-pandemic statistics:
- 80% of Boomers purchased remotely without speaking to anyone
- That number increased to over 85% for Gen X
- It rose again to 95% for Millennials and Gen Z
As we continue to live an increasing amount of our lives in the digital realm – working from home offices spending less time talking to people face to face – it will be critically important to find your employees certified remote sales coaches to provide them with industry-leading remote training to prepare them for their new reality.
Additionally, all these generations had started to exhibit an increased desire or willingness to purchase products and services by themselves without being influenced by traditional marketing or sales initiatives. Here are a few facts about that growing phenomenon:
- 80% of Boomers purchase without ever speaking to a sales rep
- 86% of Gen X do the same thing
- 95% of Millennials and Gen Z prefer to use self-serve online portals
Remote Relationships Close Sales
Businesses that are succeeding at online selling have sales reps that are proficient at making themselves part of the buyer’s journey remotely and in-person when possible. This “journey” begins with a web-based search, followed by reading online reviews or using social media to get their friends’ opinions about a product or service offering.
By offering your sales teams top-notch remote sales training, they will learn how to become your customer or prospect’s “travel companion” who is able to play a part in the buying journey all the way through until after the sale.
Remote Sales Skills Training Revolves Around
- Generating Superior First Impressions (first impressions matter!)
- Build New and Sound Prospecting Practices (fight the fear and get in gear!)
- Creating New Value Propositions that Individual Customers Understand
- Developing More Effective Presentation Skills (know what your selling – inside and out!)
- Learn How to Handle Customer Concerns & Rejections Effectively
- Increase Willingness & Ability to Close the Sale (many professionals don’t know how to close! Although they may know the product they may never actually effectively ask for a signed contract).
- Related White Paper – Killer Closing Skills: Winning Strategies To Close More Business
- Cultivate Your Customer Relationships staying in touch and being there for your clients can build your sales job into a career).
- Increase Sales with the Ability to Effectively Ask for Referrals
Buying and Work Habits Have Changed
- 25% of Boomers prefer to use online chat to get early questions answered. That number grows to 85% for Gen X and more than 90% for Millennials and Gen Z
- More than 50% of Boomers complete purchases on social media while that number is north of 90% for younger age-groups
- Purchase information acquired from text SMS and voice-activated personal assistant ranges from 40% for Boomers to more than 75% for Millennials and Gen Z
About 20% of all sales professionals do not currently have the skills they need to succeed in the modern sales environment. An experienced remote sales trainer can bring even your most “old school” reps up to speed in just a few sessions saving your business a significant amount of time and money in the process.
Areas of Focus for Remote Sales Training & Coaching
- Tactical Sales Auditing and Organizational Assessments
- Programs that develop and train the sales management force
- Creating parallel goals and objectives between sales professionals and the organizations they work for, generating a definite advantage.
- Mentoring the sales staff and management staff and designing custom programs to help meet set goals and objectives.
- Developing a new and elite sales process that revolves around a performance-driven team.
- Consulting and further mentoring the entire organization and sales force to improve interconnectedness to stabilize your process.
- Breaking down problems into their simplest forms to create effective solutions.
Additional Areas of Focus for Remote Sales Training & Coaching
- Understanding Sales Objections
- Prospecting and Territory Management
- Opening the Sales Call
- What To Ask and How To Listen
- Presenting Solutions, Overcoming Objections, and Closing the Sale
- Developing Clients for Life
- Sales Coaching for Performance
All remote sales training and coaching content is customized and specifically developed for each organization and industry that we work with.
The term “instant gratification” almost doesn’t apply to how quickly people want things done these days. So, if your customer has to click through 15 Google links to get the information they want, you’re probably going to lose their business.
An effective remote sales trainer or coach knows this, so be sure to ask specific questions about how long they intend to spend on each topic before investing in their remote sales training services.
Ironically, this is going to involve you becoming a remote or digital customer like the ones you’re going to be trying to attract in the new normal. All things considered, it’s a great place to start.
Superb management is critical to the success of any sales organization.
Our Remote Sales Training and Coaching Helps Sales Managers Improve Their Sales Forces
Our Remote Sales Training and Coaching Also Focuses On Decreasing
Inefficient Sales Process
Fear of Rejection
Get engaged with our professional remote sales trainers and coaches today by calling today 847.359.6969.
Or Contact The Sales Coaching Institute for a complimentary sales force audit.