Topics Discussed In Our Online Sales Training & Coaching Programs Include
A few quick facts about online learning:
Online learning typically requires 40% to 60% less employee time than learning the same material in a traditional classroom setting
After implementing a online learning program in their company, IBM found that participants learned nearly five times more material without increasing the time spent in training.
According to Molly Fletcher Company, organizations can achieve an 18% boost in employee engagement by implementing a virtual learning curriculum and environment.
Online learning is good for the environment. Britain’s Open University’s study found that producing and providing eLearning courses consumes an average of 90% less energy and produces 85% fewer CO2 emissions per student than conventional face-to-face courses
Prepare Your Sales Force for the Online World
In recent years, a steadily increasing amount of commerce was going digital as online shopping and social media steadily chipped away at traditional business models.
However, despite this obvious trend, many companies saw value in keeping as much traditional business as they could while slowly working to increase their online presence.
Fast forward to our post-COVID19 world and everyone is scrambling to move as much of their business as possible into the digital realm. Some companies have made the transition more easily than others but, the good news is, today’s consumers and clients are ready for it when you are.
Sales coaching statistics that sales leaders should know
- A survey of 2,500 sales organizations found that those with “comprehensive online sales coaching programs” have 218% higher revenue per sales representative and 24% higher profit margins.
- Online Sales Training increases retention rates by 25% to 60%.
- Online Sales Coaching can increase the income of sales reps by up to 42%
Pre-COVID studies consistently showed there is almost no generation gap when it comes to purchasing products and services online. Here are some facts that illustrate how prevalent online purchasing had become:
- 70% of Baby Boomers use mobile apps to research information about companies and their products
- 83% of Gen X uses mobile apps for this purpose
- For Millennials and Gen Zers, that number is higher than 90%
Additionally, all these generations had started to exhibit an increased desire or willingness to purchase products and services by themselves without being influenced by traditional marketing or sales initiatives. Here are a few facts about that growing phenomenon:
- 80% of Boomers purchase without ever speaking to a sales rep
- 86% of Gen X do the same thing
- 95% of Millennials and Gen Z prefer to use self-serve online portals
Online Training for Sales Professionals
Given that today’s consumer prefers to do their own research and find their own answers, the importance of providing effective online sales training to your employees has never been more critical.
Going forwards, while traditional sales skills will continue to be important, your sales teams have different parts to play and connecting them with a certified online sales trainer is an important step in their continued education.
Today’s buyers and potential clients are much less likely to pick up a phone to have a sales professional talk them through the benefits of a particular product or service. Providing your salespeople with access to industry-leading online sales training programs allows them to learn how to navigate this latest iteration of the prospecting stage.
Online Sales Skills Training Revolves Around
- Generating Superior First Impressions (first impressions matter!)
- Build New and Sound Prospecting Practices (fight the fear and get in gear!)
- Creating New Value Propositions that Individual Customers Understand
- Developing More Effective Presentation Skills (know what your selling – inside and out!)
- Learn How to Handle Customer Concerns & Rejections Effectively
- Increase Willingness & Ability to Close the Sale (many professionals don’t know how to close! Although they may know the product they may never actually effectively ask for a signed contract).
- Related White Paper – Killer Closing Skills: Winning Strategies To Close More Business
- Cultivate Your Customer Relationships staying in touch and being there for your clients can build your sales job into a career).
- Increase Sales with the Ability to Effectively Ask for Referrals
Online Relationships Close Sales
Companies that are successfully selling online are ones who have sales professionals that are skilled at making themselves part of the purchaser’s journey rather than the guide. This journey usually starts with an online search followed by reading reviews or asking their friends or followers about the product or service through social media.
By providing your salespeople with access to first-class online sales training services, they will learn how to insert themselves into that journey by becoming your prospect’s “travel companion.” They will also learn valuable modern selling skills such as how to stay part of the journey after the sale.
Interesting stats about new online buying habits
- 25% of Boomers prefer to use online chat to get early questions answered. That number grows to 85% for Gen X and more than 90% for Millennials and Gen Z
- More than 50% of Boomers complete purchases on social media while that number is north of 90% for younger age-groups
- Purchase information acquired from text SMS and voice-activated personal assistant ranges from 40% for Boomers to more than 75% for Millennials and Gen Z
The bottom line is the future got here sooner than we all expected. And, if you want your sales professionals to excel today, you need to enlist the services of a certified online sales trainer or coach to provide them with the online sales training they need to succeed and take your company to new heights.
Areas of Focus for Online Sales Training & Coaching
- Tactical Sales Auditing and Organizational Assessments
- Programs that develop and train the sales management force
- Creating parallel goals and objectives between sales professionals and the organizations they work for, generating a definite advantage.
- Mentoring the sales staff and management staff and designing custom programs to help meet set goals and objectives.
- Developing a new and elite sales process that revolves around a performance-driven team.
- Consulting and further mentoring the entire organization and sales force to improve interconnectedness to stabilize your process.
- Breaking down problems into their simplest forms to create effective solutions.
Additional Areas of Focus for Online Sales Training & Coaching
- Understanding Sales Objections
- Prospecting and Territory Management
- Opening the Sales Call
- What To Ask and How To Listen
- Presenting Solutions, Overcoming Objections, and Closing the Sale
- Developing Clients for Life
- Sales Coaching for Performance
All online sales training and coaching content is customized and specifically developed for each organization and industry that we work with.
The term “instant gratification” almost doesn’t apply to how quickly people want things done these days. So, if your customer has to click through 15 Google links to get the information they want, you’re probably going to lose their business.
An effective online sales trainer or coach knows this, so be sure to ask specific questions about how long they intend to spend on each topic before investing in their online sales training services.
Ironically, this is going to involve you becoming an online or digital customer like the ones you’re going to be trying to attract in the new normal. All things considered, it’s a great place to start.
Superb management is critical to the success of any sales organization.
Our Online Sales Training and Coaching Helps Sales Managers Improve Their Sales Forces
Our Online Sales Training and Coaching Also Focuses On Decreasing
Inefficient Sales Process
Fear of Rejection
Get engaged with our professional online sales trainers and coaches today by calling today 847.359.6969.
Or Contact The Sales Coaching Institute for a complimentary sales force audit.