Pat Riley had once said, ‘Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better’. Excellence is not something that is thrust upon a person. It is a quality that evolves out of constant training and relentless striving to do one’s best in everything. Here are some tips for those in search of motivational excellence.
Steps To Motivational Excellence
The desire to excel can spur a person to tremendous achievements. Here are some ways to fulfill this:
- Be hungry for success : “Desire is the key to motivation, but its determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal — a commitment to excellence — that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”–Mario Andretti. The starting point towards excellence is a burning hunger to do and be so. Without this, you will only end up making halfhearted efforts at best.
- Set proper goals : Set down concrete goals both long and short term. Set them down in every area of your life with a deadline against each. They should all be goals that you believe are for you and not something decided by others.
- Have your own personal hero : Select one person to admire. It should be someone connected to what you are working on. Look at the results he has achieved and use them as a benchmark to set your own. You can even aim higher than him. Also mingle with people in your immediate environment who are the best in your chosen field. Building on the experiences of others is always better than starting from scratch.
- Focus and persevere : Success comes through hard work. But it is more important to work smart. Do not waste time on unnecessary activity. Build a strategy to work by. Also, do not be deterred by unexpected hurdles. Be adaptable to change by not being rigid about your plans.
- Work on your personal wellbeing : Your physical, mental and emotional health is of utmost importance when it comes to achieving excellence. Eat healthy and sleep well. Plan your leisure with friends and family who make you feel happy and loved. You can never fight against the odds that you will face unless you feel hale and hearty.
If you desire to be successful, you have to strive for excellence in all that you do. As Thomas J. Watson said, “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.”
Know more about the innovative and inventive world of Social Media and the wonders it can do to your business. Download an entire chapter of Sales 3.0 – The New Contact Sport How To Use And Leverage Social Media Marketing For Small Business Sales Success by Doug Dvorak – CEO Digital Marketing Group & Milind Mody – CEO eBrandz.
About the Author:
I am actively involved in social media marketing and also write for the same. The book – “Sales 3.0 – The New Contact Sport How To Use And Leverage Social Media Marketing For Small Business Sales Success” has helped me get a detailed insight about the growing need of social media in today’s net-savvy world. This book is a must-read for people who want to win business and build concrete network through social media.
Doug Dvorak helps companies and professionals achieve results through customized, creative and non-traditional sales training systems that are “one size fits one” and developed to the unique business needs and “sales pain points” of each client. He is available to speak on these topics.
Permission is granted to reprint this article in print or on your web site as long as the paragraph above is included and contact information is provided.
Copyright 2010 The Sales Coaching Institute, Inc.